Hello everybody! Today has been a challenging day, so I’ve decided not to post any NOODLE PANDA chapters tonight, but instead do an award that the amazing Booked Solid nominated me for! I’m sorry if you’ve nominated me for an award and I haven’t done the post, I have got a list, but I just haven’t got around to it. I’ve just had lots of ideas recently and I prefer to post my own original content. BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE IT, when I get an award it makes my day, these awards haven’t got less special as my audience has grown, it means so much that someone has actually thought my blog is good enough to be nominated. So thank you Kayla for the nomination, it’s really lovely of you!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you provided.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
1. What was your favorite book that you read in 2015?
So many people ask me this question. And I can never decide! Although special mentions go to The Lovely Bones, I am Legend, The Book Thief, To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, The Wasp Factory, Looking for Alaska and the list goes on, I really read some amazing books in 2015.
2. What book(s) are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
I’m currently taking a small reading break (again) because I read so much in 2015. I don’t have many anticipated releases, although I am sort of curious to read Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I’d like to read more non fiction texts too.
3. Which book are you reading now and how are you feeling about it?
I am currently reading The Martian by Andy Weir. I read the first half in two days and then took a four day (ish) break as I have been writing NOODLE PANDA, although I need to pick it up again because I really enjoyed it. A review will probably end up on this blog.
4. Are you setting a reading goal for 2016?
No, I did last year and succeeded in June 2015 (50 books), roughly ending up with a total of 90 books, but this year I’m going to try and relax and stop putting pressure on myself to read.
5. What is the last book you purchased?
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
6. If you could become a fictional character for a day, who would you want to be?
Fantastic question. Probably Luna Lovegood, I would love to see inside her mind and experience Hogwarts.
7. What is one of your favorite book to movie adaptations?
I normally dislike book to film adaptations, but the Harry Potter movies remain fantastic in their own right. Also The Hobbit, because even though they made it into three huge films, I really enjoyed watching them.
8. What are you most excited about for the New Year?
This shows how long ago I was nominated! Oh man, I’m not excited as such because it is just another day, it’s the philosophical meaning that we hold to it that makes it special, although for the sake of this question: probably the future of my blog and novella.
9. What are some books that you absolutely hated the endings?
The end of The Hunger games (Mockingjay). I liked everything apart from the last chapter with was just so inconclusive and unrealistic.
10. Finally, the question I always ask…choose a book from your shelf, open it to a random page…what is the first complete sentence on that page?
THAT’S SUCH A GOOD IDEA! Okay…
“We all went home for Christmas break – even purportedly homeless Alaska” – Looking for Alaska, John Green.
I WANT TO GO AGAIN!
“Tom’s whole being applauded this idea” – Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain
AND ONCE MORE…
“Don’t worry little M it’s really not that bad” – Is it just me? by Miranda Hart
NOMINATE 10 BLOGGERS
Congratulations to all the people I have chosen to nominate, they all have amazing blogs, which you should most definitely check out!
- Kiwi Reads
- Writing through Rose Tinted Glasses
- Letters to Emma
- The Inspirational Dreamer
- Avid Reader
- Let’s Finally Blog
- What is your idea of the perfect day?
- What is your dream job?
- Describe to me three objects you can currently see
- If you could only smell one thing for the rest of your life, what would that smell be? (that’s such a random question, anyway…)
- Which fictional character would you like to date?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Blogging inspiration?
- Are you more of film or book person?
- Describe yourself OR the last person you texted in one word.
- Would you rather burn your books or your bed?
So there are some peculiar questions for my nominees. I hope you enjoyed reading this little post, if you’ve missed any NOODLE PANDA installments that are sort of taking over my blog you can click here. Anyway, have a lovely evening/night/day and take care ❤
Thank you so much for reading,