Apologies for my absence recently, I’ve been quite ill and unable to write. But the amazing Coffee and Twigs nominated me for The Beauty Blogger Award, so I’ve decided to grace you with my presence this evening. I’m sort of working against the clock to get this post up at a reasonable time, so let’s begin the award!
- Tag the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
Thank you so much to Coffee and Twigs for nominating me for this awesome award. I’m not sure I qualify as a beauty blogger but I accept your loveliness all the same. Please take the time to check out their blog here, I love their blogging style!
1. What are your feelings about makeup? Fun? Functional? Fuggedaboutit?
What’s wrong with a little bit of paint? Make up makes me feel more confident and happy within my skin and I see it as fun and exciting way to express myself. Although it’s your choice how much you wear, if you wear any at all.
2. If you wear makeup regularly, when did you start? If you don’t, did you ever? Why did you stop/never start?
I started playing around with makeup when I was around 10 years old, which on reflection is pretty young, but we’re talking about a little bit of sparky eye shadow for the school disco once a month. I started wearing it regularly around the age of 12 (powder, concealer, mascara, lip balm) but then stopped when I lost all self confidence and felt like there was no point. I began wearing make up again when I was in my third year of High School and now I almost wear it everyday, it depends how I’m feeling.
3. You have a big, exciting day ahead. What do you wear?
Probably a pretty swing dress, a long coat and my Dr Martens.
4. What are your thoughts on dress codes?
Well, at my school we have to wear a uniform. On one hand, I think it makes everyone more equal and celebrates a sense of community. However, I think stamping out people’s originality (e.g banning stretches etc) is completely out of order, I know the uniform is meant to mimic workplace expectations, but the fact that in real life we don’t employ skilled workers just because of the way that they look is a huge problem in itself.
In general, I think dress codes can also be fun and sometimes necessary, but I think clothing is a celebration of individuality and we need to respect that.
5. Do you normally have long or short hair?
It’s about an inch past my shoulders, so medium, however I want to have it cut again.
6. If you could spend three weeks anywhere around the world, where would you go?
Whilst I would love to visit a big city such as New York, I’d leap at the opportunity to visit a small secluded country, full of culture and ancient tribes, I think that would be life changing.
7. Now we are about a month in, what is your number one goal for the rest of 2016?
Another question that truly reflects how lazy I am (I’m sorry if you nominated me for an award and I haven’t got around to it yet) And I’m trying to set small monthly goals this year, so that hopefully all my little achievements will add up to a big, successful year. This month I’m aiming to socialize more, read more non-fiction texts and finally learn how to cook.
8. If you could gain a new skill instantly, what would it be?
To be a little less crap at everything. I think that covers all bases, but I’m not asking for much.
9. Describe the last time you laughed so hard you cried.
Unfortunately I can’t remember, laughs aren’t coming as easily anymore (*single tear rolls down cheek*)
10. What is your number one most listened to song on iTunes/whichever music app you use?
Unfortunately, I’m too stupid to work that out, so I’m just going to give you a random song of my current playlist…
Take your Guess by Tom Rosenthal. Yessssssss I’m seriously obsessed with this song.
So my biggest apologies but I’m only nominating five bloggers today instead of the preferred ten. This is simply because I want to get this post out at a decent time when everyone can read it, so I’m admittedly trying to write this as quickly as possible. But I still wanted to nominate some amazing bloggers because I love to spread some happiness within the community and I know that when I receive a nomination it brightens my day. The bloggers below are seriously amazing and I would appreciate it greatly if you checked them out.
- Showers or baths?
- How does makeup make you feel?
- Do you think people are ever to young to wear makeup?
- The most important item of clothing for you?
- Define your style in three words?
- When do you feel the most beautiful?
- How long does it take for you to get ready?
- Invent a new makeup product and persuade me to buy it?
- Do you buy any of your clothes from charity shops?
- Most expensive make up item you own?
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I hope you are having a wonderful day/night. I will be back tomorrow with the Internet Hotel Café!
Thank you so much for reading,