Happy Wednesday friends! I was nominated by the wonderful JagsOnline to do the Happiness Tag, so I would firstly like to thank her for the nomination. I have been honestly excited to do this tag, it’s such a lovely one to do and I can’t wait to nominate some of you and spread some happiness myself.
List five things that make you happy
- Spending time with my cat – It’s NOT pathetic at all okay and totally not the first thing I thought of. Honestly, my cat sometimes cheers me up when no human can. She seems to pick up when I’m sad and comes to me to give me the most wonderful cuddles. She’s such a beautiful little creature and she honestly makes me laugh uncontrollably with the little things she does. As silly as it sounds, my cat is one of my closest companions.
- Falling in love with characters from books– Reading is a form of escapism and making friends with characters in books makes me so happy. I know that when the real world is too much I can jump into one my favourite books and those pretend people of pen and paper will always be there for me.
- Blogging – GUYS. You’re all so great *group hug* I’m so lucky and honored to be writing amongst such an incredible group of talented human beings. Your posts motive and inspire me and every single lovely comment honestly puts such a huge smile on my face and means so much to me. Being able to connect with you all in this way is something I treasure and knowing that I might have cheered up/helped just one of you makes me so happy.
- Being outside – This is quite a surprising one really, but most of my best memories are actually outside. (Music festivals, the beach, camping holidays, campfires, picnics and long walks). I couldn’t go outside for a very longtime (for reasons I’m not ready to mention) so I really appreciate it now I can.
- My Mum – And if everything else fails, I know she’s going to be there for me. And she always has. I could go on about how much I adore my mum for a very long time, but I will just say how incredibly lucky I am to have her as not only my Mother, but a best friend.
Stuff got deep.
List five songs that make you happy
She Don’t Care by Tom Rosenthal – I don’t know why, but this song almost makes me cry with happiness. I just LOVE IT, I listen to it when everything’s bad and I really need to not care.
Glory Days by Pulp – Ultimate indie youth anthem. One of my favourite pulp songs ever. And pulp are my favourite band so that takes a lot of doing.
Expectations by Belle and Sebastian – This isn’t a happy song (but it has happy notes ‘you’re on top of the world again’) but it’s such a good song and I feel understood when I listen to it. Also, I saw Belle and Sebastian live at Glastonbury and it was such a good gig, so nice memories there too.
Master Pretender by First Aid Kit – My Mum played this song all the time in the car when I was going through a really difficult time, but it reminds me of the good times during that really difficult period, because I was much happier when I was in the car with my Mum and away from the place that was making me unhappy. Plus it’s a really good song.
Paperback Writer by The Beatles – The Beatles make me happy anyway, but well, I want to be a paperback writer.
Nominate five people
For this tag, I have specifically chosen bloggers that make a big effort to spread happiness and joy across the blogosphere (not that these people are the only bloggers who do this!) Please check out their wonderful blogs and say something lovely if you can 🙂
Thank you so much for reading,