April went by so quickly that I’m still trying to process what actually happened. I can tell you there was lots of snow, which in all honesty is a complete abomination considering it’s late spring/early summer here in the UK. I didn’t have any panic attacks (something I never expected to say) during April, which is good news, but I have struggled to deal with the fact that I’m convinced everyone inside that school hates me. It’s not a nice thought, but oh well, we all have our problems and I’m probably just being a melodramatic teenager.
Oh, I do love a little bit of self deprecation.
Saying that, I did have a couple of sleepovers and meet ups with friends during April, which to be honest (apart from one fateful, soul destroying time) was the highlight of my month. The only place I actually went was this Iron place with school and apart from having to endure being with my highly obnoxious history teacher for more than an hour (and even that’s always a challenge) the trip was kind of nice.
Actually, I tell a lie I also went to a restaurant with my mum and honestly their food was amazing!
I’ve written a lot of poetry during April and I’ve starting to actually write them in my moleskine instead of a word processor and I actually much prefer writing by hand. I also wrote a short story called ‘Tea Stains’ which I was really proud of, but unfortunately I’ve sent it off to a competition which means I’m not going to be able to share it with you guys.
I have become more introverted during April, because I’ve been feeling extremely insecure, however this has given me time on getting to know my mind right now and has brought a focus on my blog and writing.
And also thank you so much for 400 followers and to everyone who has been wishing me congratulations, your messages have been so lovely to read.
My April Goals (and did I actually achieve them)
- More reading. You know what? I’m going to say this actually happened this time. I finished two novels and the second one The Good Companions by J.B Priestly was a very dense read (although it was amazing too!) I am also now in possession of 18 more poetry books than I was at the beginning of April (stolen from my parents) and have been reading them too.
- Blog more. I actually made a blog post everyday for one whole week in April. I have written more, however I think it is very much down to circumstance.
- Allow more people to guest post on my blog. Goal achieved! Miki has already guest posted, along with the continuation of my collab series with Ariana. These posts were both outstanding and I really really love them as bloggers and I would be so happy if you checked their stuff out. I’ve also got two more guest posts definitely coming up for you guys too!
Kind of feeling like a stereotypical teen blogger for using such phrases as ‘coming up for you guys’ and now I sound like a pretentious-hipster- condescending- arrogant- idiot, and now I sound like a dick. Nice, let us move on.
POEMS POSTED IN APRIL:
(this is the part of the post where I shamelessly plug my poems for those who are interested and want to read them if they haven’t already. If you do, it is very much appreciated)
Also, I’m pondering over the possibility of posting another poem tonight, I just don’t want to bombard you all with posts. I’m not sure yet, we’ll see.*
1. Share some of my short stories: Short story writing is where my ‘roots’ (that’s such a cliché expression) come from with writing and what I’m known for by people who know me in real life. I’d love to share some with you guys, because I’m a novice with poetry, but I’ve been writing stories for a very long time and would love to PLUCK UP THE COURAGE and share some of my work.
2. Celebrate 400 followers: I would love to do something significant to celebrate my 400 follower milestone. Suggestions below please!
And that’s April all wrapped up in a blanket of daffodils and unseasonal snow. I’m wishing you all a lovely May!
Thank you so much for reading,
*I ended up posting the poem and you can read it here if you’re interested.